Food and Water
Cooked meals are available from the published menu or children can bring in a home packed lunches. Lunch is eaten in the school hall. When the weather permits packed lunches may be eaten in classrooms or outside at the picnic tables.
Lunch orders are taken at morning registration and payment is made via our online payment system as the school now operates a cash-free system. Full access details to the payment system are provided to each parent when their child joins. Please contact the school office if you have any queries.
Universal free school meals are available for all children in Foundation and Key Stage 1 (Years R - 2).
Children of parents in receipt of certain benefits and allowances are also entitled to free school meals in Key Stage 2. At the time of writing they were as follows:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Further information can be obtained from the office or by clicking on this link.
To view the current cooked meals menu click here.
Children have access to water throughout the day and must provide their own named water bottle.
As part of their packed lunch, children may bring drinks such as fruit juices and non-fizzy drinks in plastic or disposable containers. Glass bottles are obviously not allowed for safety reasons.
As we have children with nut allergies we cannot allow any nuts to be brought in for lunch, this does include peanut butter spread & nutella.
Sweets are also not allowed in a packed lunch.